Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Recovery mode

We were fortunate. Power was lost and found. Communication desolved as even buried cables were uprooted with felled trees and cell service was almost non existent. Still, we are lucky beyond words. The sketch group was disabled by a lack of power. I thought I would use quiet time to draw. Instead, I found myself using my time to figure out how to keep frozen food frozen beyond 3 days. We had no structural damage. The emotional toll is unexpected. Those who served the public during the storm are certainly stressed.
Nature is powerful. Feeling humbled by this brush with disaster, I am eager to return to the life sketch group tonight. My best hope is to channel the stress from the storm into work. Perhaps I may revive my StormDance series.

No comments: