Friday, January 26, 2007

Where DOES the time go?

It has been almost a month since I posted anything.
Well, I have been busy.
I do teach painting privately and via workshop type seminars.

Recently, a number of artists from Naples approached me asking for some guidance for their Plein air work. I have been delighted to oblige them.

Although unadvertised, this workshop has an ideal number of students (6).
I will post some of the pictures from the workshop soon. I need to reduce the size of the image files to make them uploadable.

The best thing about this workshop is the enthusiasm of the participants. They are a wonderful group of artists with a varied level of experience. I felt all have approached the "Painting Experience" with an open mind. We are combining the interest of painting outdoors with the wonderful natural environments still left in Collier County Florida.

1. Upland habitat (scrub, prairie and pine flatland) found at the Naples Preserve
2. Coastal habitat (natural beach with mangroves and other native flora)

3. Wetland habitat (ephemeral wetlands, "swamp" and a taste of the Everglades) found at Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary.

How fun it is to combine the love of painting with the love of real Florida. Native plants and animals abound in these areas.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure wish I lived in FL. I would probably take lessons! It's wonderful to be able to see the progress that students make. I myself am a self-taught artist. My father gives voice lessons though. Although that is not painting. Singing is a form of art...at least I think it is. Anyway, I could always tell how much it pleased him to see his students learn from their lessons and become better singers. Just think...without the teachers...out there the students might not be where they are today. I just wanted to say that incase ya didn't know. :)

Trudy Bentley Rech said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trudy Bentley Rech said...

Well, I didn't run spell check when I thanked you for your most kind comment Angela, so I deleted my own comment! Thought I could edit it, but NO!
So as I was saying, you are so right about teachers. Music is a wonderful art form. Your dad's contribution to the arts is wonderful. I really appreciate your thoughts and your visit to my blog!

Anonymous said...

I would love to see some of your work on here!!! I will be back visiting. :) Until then take care!

Trudy Bentley Rech said...

Angela, you can alway visit my website to see more work. I have to do a major update on this site within this week. Hope you enjoy the seagrape painting added above.