Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Sketch group

Found a nice group for a peer to peer life drawing experience. The group meets once a week in an art gallery filled with interesting and inspiring work. The space itself is just wonderful. Even the floors are white. Last night, despite a loud strong storm outside that made me wonder if the roof would stay on, I was so focused that I couldn't stop drawing. It was the second week of visiting with the group of local artists and drawing once again from a live model. I am rusty. The first week was ok, but my arm was sore. This week was better. My eye is coming back. Gesture, line and fluid likeness is back within my grasp. There is nothing quite like drawing from life. I have never particularily enjoyed plein aire painting because of bugs and limitations, but there is a freshness to working live and in the moment. The figure is especially inspiring to me. I will post some sketches from the sessions. I have to photograph them and make them websized first.

No comments: