Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Whew


Balancing painting and real life can be interesting. I am coming up for "air" today. I just updated my website and added new paintings. Three are strictly about native Florida and one is about people enjoying natural beauty. I really enjoy figurative work the best, but nature comes in close second. Please visit my website and see the 4 newest pieces. Rabbit, Rabbit replaces Dancing Oak on the homepage. Old Spirit: Survivor is the painting of a gopher tortoise who has large scars on his shell as a result of being run over in traffic. A neighbor rescued him and brought him to his property. It isn't good to move critters (not sure if what he did was legal), however, this fellow would have been dead had he not been rescued. Development and roadways put animals like this amazing old fellow in grave jeopardy.

4 comments:

C. Robin Janning said...

Trudy,

Loved Rabbit, Rabbit on your web site, along with the other new pieces.

Robin

Trudy Bentley Rech said...

Thank you Robin. It means a lot to hear from you. Sometimes I am so lost with my "muse", I am not sure of the results and how they relate to others!

Martha Marshall said...

Trudy, the rabbits are so full of life. Wonderful! Your work just keeps getting better and better.

Trudy Bentley Rech said...

Appreciate your comments.
I just love these dear little creatures who visit our yard daily. They have such different personalities (one is from Venus and one is from Mars!)it makes it so much fun to try to capture their energy.