Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Total convert to Apple

Ok, I got an IMAC, it was a super machine but since I REALLY push my computers very hard with graphics and huge scanned files, I found I needed a bigger bite of the APPLE.

Also, we found a program after a long involved series of posts to the external hard drive manufacturer's troubleshooting tree. The program worked. It saw this back up drive. I am in the process of restoring these files and am so relieved. We made many previous attempts to recover these files using other programs ad methods. Hate to say it but guys don't ask for directions even when doing things like file restoration. So I decided to try the manufacturers' troubleshooting site. Finally, after what seems like dozen of exchanges, I got an actual email with a link to a program. The program wasn't free, but the fee was reasonable and forensic restoration is very expensive!

Now, to get back to real life! AND most importantly to painting!

Also had a great experience with a company I decided to have pack my paintings for shipping to the gallery. Oh, did I mention gallery representation? This is another post.
The packing/shipping company is PakMail. The store manager is an artist also. He does graphic design. On bad days, experiences like I had with PakMail make things right.

PS, everyone I have spoken with at Apple has been wonderful, too. Most are young people with great professional attitudes and an abundance of knowledge.

No comments: