Monday, January 09, 2006

Exciting news

Not only will my work be featured in a show in Naples called Salon de Garage January 19th and 20th, but a very good art school buddy is going to be in town for the "season" openning show featuring his wonderful paintings at a very prestigious gallery. Woo hoo. The artist I refer to is named David Hettinger. His work is part of a group show at Weatherburn Gallery. He is a Master in Oil Painters of America. I am thrilled for him and very much look forward to seeing him after many years. We competed for and split the Mosby Scholarship at the American Academy of Art. He has more than paid his dues and I am playing catch up. Our competition was always friendly. Tomorrow I will do a digital photo shoot of all the pieces I will have showing to compile my catalogue for the show. It is my humble hope that someday, I will be a featured artist in a prestigious gallery such as above. I have had too many interests and not enough focus. It is harder now, but I am determined to keep pushing. I am very fortunate to be able to concentrate my efforts now.
I will post at least one of the pictures I will be showing...and hopefully selling! Very soon. Made an Access database for my currently available work yesterday. I looking to build my art as a business without losing contact with my creative side AND find a way to get the daily chores done!

2 comments:

Martha Marshall said...

Don't worry about the daily chores. You can hire somebody to do that! Especially after your stuff starts flying off the walls!

Trudy Bentley Rech said...

I look forward to that day, Martha. I won't mind delegating chores one bit. LOL.